DACTM, operating on the principle that we teachers can learn from each other, is sponsoring a program to enable you to get a sub for one day to observe another experienced teacher. There are a limited number of opportunities this year, so please apply sooner rather than later.
Open applications until March 30, 2019. Grants will be given throughout the school year but are limited to 5 participants. Members may apply once per school year. You may visit one teacher for the day or multiple teachers within the same day. You can even observe teachers in your own building or district.
You may visit the classroom(s) anytime during the school year, but all requirements must be completed by May 1, 2019.
This program qualifies for SCHEH's and local DPPD (if approved by your district) through the State of Michigan. See: Extensionships for more information.
DACTM will reimburse the school district (up to $100) for your substitute after you have submitted your final write-up. Your district will need to send an invoice to Jennifer Lawson.
- DACTM member
- K-12 teacher
- Principal approval from attendee and visiting school
- Visiting teacher would also need to approve
- Don't know a teacher? We may be able to help
- Can visit multiple teachers in one day
- District to submit sub pay request reimbursement to DACTM for up to $100
- Write up a final report about you can take back to your classroom and share
- How will/did this make a significant impact in your classroom?
- Debrief time with your cooperating educator